for the new week to start, no story today about how things are going with the blue diamonds blanket but something different.
a few times i was asked whether i have favorite patterns but i always found – and still find – this question difficult to answer. but i thought i just make a short list of patterns i worked with and i love to publish on my blog and here they are in random order.
sunny spread crochet pattern designed by ellen k. hormley
i think this is such a great pattern for a square, it is made by so many crocheters in a variety of colors and color combinations. it seems that with this pattern you can’t go wrong whether you are making a blanket, a bag, a pillow or coasters. i will surely make this square again in the future.
circle of friends square that is designed by priscilla hewitt © in 1999
for this pattern holds: go nuts because it will always be beautiful – at least i think so – whether you make it all white or combine a variety of colors.
- the circle of friends is one of the patterns of my white blocks cushion cover with the embroidery stitches, you can see it here
- the original pattern of this square you can find in the webarchive
- and if you like, you can take a look on ravelry for some inspiration
FLOWERS – DOILIES
i have used old patterns that i found in the webarchive, especially the doilies are a source of pleasure. the center of an old doily is often a beautiful flower or a flowery motif and it gives a surprising effect when you use acrylic or wool instead of very thin yarn/thread. a small flower has suddenly a whopper size.
- this is the link to the patterns, look for the numbers 1005 and 1006
- another pattern that i really like is that of lionbrand for lace ripples, see here (log in required)
last but not least:
the spider stitch pattern of mypicot.com
- the spider stitch pattern is number 2032 and you can find it via this link