a while back i saw a pattern for a bolero designed by gosyo, click on the picture or the link to go to post on their website.
especially the stitch pattern i think is very beautiful.
currently i am making a scarf with the pattern, but unfortunately i do not have enough yarn to also crochet the elegant points at the short ends of the scarf, that was my intention.
the yarn i work with i have bought in 2010 or 2011 and is of the same type as the yarn i used for the candy color scarf.
it consists of 50% viscose (bamboo) and 50% acrylic. at the time i did not know that this yarn – the viscose/bamboo – is bad for the environment and for the people involved in the production process. that means no new balls for me but only use the ones i have in my stash (3 balls).
back to my scarf
- if you like to make this scarf too, you can download the pattern here
- google translate can help or scroll down this page for more info
- and this is the direct link to the pdf: diagram/chart - you need the chart on page 1
- concerning the type of yarn, i think a not too thin and somewhat fluffy yarn gives the best effect.
how to make
- what i have done is as follows: i have crocheted chains until i had the width that i wanted, and then i started crocheting the stitch pattern
- i had only a few chains left and those i have disconnected
- after two of the three balls of yarn i started with crocheting on the other side of the beginning chains
- the chart on page 2 tells you also how to make the wavy edges straight.
now i just need to figure out how to make a neat finish on the long sides of the scarf with almost no yarn left.
to be continued …
my crochet filet scarf is finished, see here