nice to see you!
last week i posted a picture of a secret project but since it is finished and delivered to the person for whom i made it, you can see more photos. the stole/scarf is a birthday present for my cousin renée.
in case you like to crochet a similar stole/scarf below you can find some brief info and the link to the stitch pattern. i didn’t make notes so i can’t write down the pattern for you, but hopefully the info is sufficient for you.
katia peques, a very soft acrylic yarn, 2 balls pink (color number 941) and 2 ball lilac (color number 920) and i worked with crochet hook size 3.5 mm.
more info about the yarn on the katia website.
used stitch pattern:
in case the links are not working or you like to see an explanation how to crochet the stitch pattern, this is the route: go to mypicot, choose multi-color and click on more patterns then look for pattern number 1014 – you will see this photo:
there you will find a tutorial with photos and a link to the diagram.
brief explanation how to make the stole/scarf
- crochet as many chains you need to get the desired length and crochet some extra. after row one there will be some unworked chains, but you can remove them with a needle with a blunt tip and weave in the yarn end.
- follow the diagram until your stole/scarf has the width you want.
- for the edge i worked picots all around the stole/scarf, equally divided.
- the picots i made like this: 1 sc in 1 chain space, 2 ch, 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in next 1 ch space. make between the bows only single crochets and no picots to follow the waves. in the corners you make a picot and 1 sc into the same 1 ch space, 2 ch, picot, 1 sc in next 1 ch space.
- as a detail i crocheted single crochets over a large pin followed by a row of slip stitches, then sewed some beads and a button onto it.
- that is all the info about this project and i hope you like it!
tip: to keep the stole/scarf straight it is recommended to work a few rows on the other side of the beginning chains. i did three rows and just followed the stitch pattern.