this week i actually wanted to finish these bags and cases and also wanted to post the promised explanations, but unfortunately i had to spend much time in bed and slept a lot. i feel a little better, and i wanted to send you my best wishes for the weekend.
at the same time, maybe you like to see what i’m crocheting at the moment? well, my current project is a blanket of variegated yarn in three shades. it is stylecraft special double knit in greengage, charcoal and atlantis. atlantis is my favorite, it is so beautiful but my photos don’t do the colors justice. for more info about the yarn see this link.
the required hooksize for the yarn is 4.00 mm, but i work very loosely with size 5.5 mm and the result is a very stretchy and soft fabric, it would be fabulous for a shawl/scarf.
do like this idea and the look of the soft ribbing?
here is how to crochet it, it is the super simple!
used stitches in american english terms:
- ch = chain or chains
- ss = slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- hdc flo = half double crochet into the front loop only
- start with crocheting as many chains as you need for the length, my blanket measures about 170 – 175 cm
- row 1. make 1 hdc into the third chain from hook under 1 loop only and into all subsequent chains until end of row, 2 ch (the two chains don’t count as a stitch here or in any of of the following rows), turn
- row 2. make 1 hdc flo into the first stitch and into all subsequent stitches until end of row but end with a hdc into the last stitch under two loops (the normal way), 2 ch, turn
- row 3 and further. repeat row 2 until you have the size you like to have.
i still have to crochet many, many rows and stitches and therefore i don’t have a plan for the edge yet. the way the edge looks now is a little wavy, but that is because of the ribbing.
hope you like it!
if you have some time to spend i would like to ask you to take a look at this post and try the alternatives for beginning rows in a square motif and then let me know your opinion?!
anyway, i hope you will have a happy, healthy and creative weekend!
until next time!