my good blogfriend bimbi asked me if this cushion cover is complicated to make.
this is not a pattern but only an explanation, i hope it is clear enough.
- note 1: when creating this cover it is – if you want to know my opinion – important that you neatly weave in the yarn ends at any color change.
if you need a tutorial for this, at the bottom of this post you will find some links.
- note 2: don’t mind the colors but do you see the difference? the cushion cover i crocheted with hook size 3 mm, the new block with 4 mm. same yarn but the stitches look less neat, but the square is more elastic and feels softer. that’s also a choice you can make.
- note 3: just for your information: the center of my cushion cover starts with a square of which i do not remember the pattern and therefore i do not show it but for this post i have used this pattern instead.
again, don’t mind the colors, it is only intended as a reference.
- note 4: my cover is made of catania yarn
- finish every row with weaving in the ends.
- a. for this cover you can start with any square as long a row at one point becomes the granny stitch or you start with the classic granny square with 1 ch between the groups of 3 dc between the corners and 3 dc, 3 ch, 3 dc in the corners (please look at the pictures).
- b. attach a different color yarn in any corner, make 1 sc, 3 ch and 1 sc all in the same space, 3 ch and 1 sc into the next 1 ch space.
to make a long story short, in every corner you make 1 sc, 3 ch, 1 sc, in all the 1 ch spaces 1 sc and between all the spaces you crochet 3 ch.
- the next row is again the granny stitch.
this makes sense, right?
- c. make your cushion cover as large or small as you like, mine is 50 cm wide and high.
- d. place the two parts with the right sides facing each other and crochet them together – except for the top – the same way as mentioned at point b.
this time you work on the wrong sides and through the spaces of front and back.
- e. crochet a long chain that you can use to braid through the openings in the top.
it is similar to this cushion cover.
here are some links to info you might like!
click on the photo for the pattern.
new stitch daily
enjoy and keep crocheting!