if you’ve read my post yesterday, you know that i am looking for crocheters who want to take part of my crochet contest. everyone can participate. this contest is a meeting between crocheters who show each other what they can make with a simple stitch pattern, within a time frame.
this is an invitation but it has also a very bossy part, i am sorry for that:)
if you like to participate, here are the rules:
you design and crochet
- a scarf or shawl for an adult or
- a pair of fingerless gloves/mittens for an adult or
- a cushion cover, size 40 x 40 cm/70×30 cm (=about 15×15 inch/12×27 inch)
or similar measurements.
- you may only use one of the three stitch pattern or a combination of them, no other stitches are allowed. (see here the three stitch patterns)
- exceptions are the stitches you use for shaping (e.g. a point) or an edge.
- the creation that you participate with must be your own design and you must have crocheted it yourself.
- important besides talent and crocheting skills, is a sense of color and materials.
- to be able to participate it is necessary that you are a crocheter and have your own blog where you will publish your design and agree with publication of your words and photo’s on my blog (regarding the contest).
- no later than saturday january 14, 2012 you publish your design onto your own blog.
- your publication is written in english and includes:
- an explanation of how you created your design,
- what yarn and what size hook you used
- and which of the three stitch patterns or combination
- and an indication of the size or measurements.
- feel free to describe the complete pattern of your design.
- in addition your publication contains clear pictures of which at least one shows your design completely and at least one shows a close up of the stitch pattern. (tip: dark colored yarn and blended yarn show less clear on photo’s.)
how to enter?
you are a participant by posting a comment on this page, in which you write: yes, i join the crochet contest, your name and the full address of your blog (copy and past the link to your homepage).
it is about crochet
what can you win?
as a reward you receive free publicity. in the second half of january i give full attention in a post here on my blog on the winning design, but also on pinterest and facebook. you will not get rich but it does give you the pleasant feeling of a self-designed plan and its execution and, not unimportant: recognition of your talent.
so, please please come on, join the contest and sign up!
if you have a question about the stitch patterns or the contest, please post them on yesterday’s post or contact me at email@example.com. please use the comments on this page only to enter the contest. thank you!
just to illustrate, i made a simple scarf, sizes 16 cm x 232 cm, with stitch pattern 2. i have used two sorts of acrylic yarn: bravo (orangy yellow and light gray) and annell rapido (gray lilac) and a 4.5 mm hook. i have woven in the ends and then attached buttons on them, next i tied the ends together and cut them to length.