as promised here the explanation how to make row 4 and how you can attach the squares together. did you mis candy color scarf – part 1? here is the link to it
this row you start with the main color: attach to any 5 ch space, 1 sc into the same ch space, (5 ch, 1 sc in next 5 ch space, 5 ch, 1 sc in next 5 ch space, 8 ch, 1 sc in next 5 ch space), three times, 5 ch, 1 sc in next 5 ch space, 5 ch, 1 sc in next 5 ch space, 8 ch, ss to first sc.
attaching the squares together
- first finish square one.
- the 2nd square you start row 4 and crochet to the 2nd 8 chains. here you make 3 ch, hook out of loop, crochet needle through 8 ch space of first square, pull loop through, 1 sc in 8 ch space of your first square, 4 ch, 1 sc in next 5 ch space of your 2nd square.
- when you attach the 5 ch spaces of 2 squares together, you make 2 ch, hook out of loop, crochet needle through 5 ch space of first square, pull loop through, 1 sc, 2 ch, sc in next 5 ch space of your 2nd square.
- please use the pictures as your reference because they can explain better than i can in words.
- start row 4 in the same way as with the second square and hold the 3rd square left to the first square. now you can attache this one to the first square in the same way you did with the second to the first.
- how you attach the 8 ch spaces together is different, you put the sc of the third square into the sc that you made when you attached square 1 and 2 together (see scheme).
for this square you use the same method as for the other 3 squares.
it is a very stretchy scarf
- some little advice: when you start hooking together the squares decide in advance which direction you will work. working in one direction gives you a bit neater result. my scarf is four squares high and i have worked from right to left.
- in case you want to make you scarf smooth you can block it. how to do that you can find via this link: blocking
this scarf does not necessarily need an edge but i have an idea…come back and you’ll see…
i wish you success and fun with crocheting the candy color scarf. see you next week!
tutorial candy color scarf
- part 1 – materials and stitches used, explanation of rows 1, 2 and 3, another technique when changing colors
- part 3 – the edge – ready to wear
- part 4 – yarn